Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
marty331965
Novice

NETGEAR please listen to your customers. We NEED a different and unique tone for your app.

agmed74
Aspirant
Purchased this a couple weeks ago. I like the system, but I am very disappointed in the inability to have a custom alert notification. Nothing worse than waking up to 3 or 4 push notifications showing cameras activated within 10 feet of you, and sleeping through the whole thing.
mecdatlanta2
Novice

Such an easy fix and one that we've been asking for for a very long time now. Come on Netgear. Where has your responsiveness gone to?

mecdatlanta2
Novice

Come on Netgear. We've been asking for this easy fix for over a year now. Where has your responsiveness gone?

Alpo wrote:

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Ghep
Novice
I suspect that the problem is either technical, motivational or legal. I give netgear the benefit of the doubt concerning the first two options and conclude therefore that the issue must be of a legal nature (responsibility for home security). This situation probably arises due to the over litigious nature of today's society. We can't do much about that so liability insurance might do the trick.......
ejo142015
Aspirant

I cannot believe this is not a standard feature of the app, what can be so difficult?

+1 for adding this feature!

parcou
Follower
Any future changes to this one I hate it shares the same android default sound
RandB
Aspirant
Please add the ability to customize notification sound but also to send an alarm so that iPhone will alert us when Do not disturb is on!!!
RandB
Aspirant
Just installed Arlo and likely will be returning if there is no way to get alerts in the night that will wake me up. This is the reason I need the security system. To be alerted if camera detects motion, especially in the night!!!