Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Copy/Duplicate Mode

Creating a new mode from scratch is very tedious and most modes are very similar with only slight variations between them.

If we had the ability to copy/duplicate an existing mode as a starting point it would make creating new modes MUCH easier.

For example, I have a mode that arms every camera and one that arms every camera except the backdoor (for when we're home and going in and out frequently).  Instead of recreating the behavior of 4 cameras I could have easily duplicated the original mode (with a new name, obviously) and removed the behavior on the backdoor camera.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

wayneph
Aspirant

I was just about to try the exact same thing as posted above.  Duplicate my "normal" mode but disable the back door.  Guess I have to recreate from scratch...

Georgie7054
Aspirant

Agree - need to be able to Copy/Duplicate a mode

bozic12
Novice

I couldn't agree more - I came to this by searching for a way to accomplish this task. It would also be convenient to have rules be global and able to be applied to multiple modes, or at least the ability to copy an existing rule into a mode.  But if you could at least make the feature request for the ability to copy a mode a priority, that would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Sveinolse
Luminary

Yeah!  I have now 14 cameras with several mode-settings, sow I want to copy one to more mode. I want to easy make more modes for different times...

jm2281
Fledgling

I need to copy my modes! I need edit only one camera per mode depending on whats going on outside of my house. Please. Please allow me to copy and paste. No copy and paste? What year is this? 1988?

Sveinolse
Luminary

Where is the answer from Arlo?

akiraddd
Novice

I've already hit the need for this a few times...and I've only just started setting up custom modes.

Sveinolse
Luminary

When I have 15 cameras on 3 bases and 5 lights also on 3 bases, and want a small variation of the same mode, it's annoying to do everything again.  There should be more interest among people in order to get it done.

Press14English
Aspirant

Create the ability to copy or "clone" a mode.  I have several complex modes that differ only slightly in what I want them to do when, but I have to completely re-write them instead of starting with an existing mode that is 99% the way I want it already and then altering it.