Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constant Powered Arlo Pro Allowing for CVR

With the recent release of the outdoor rated power cable for the Arlo Pro, it seems as though CVR would be much more feasible to add as a feature for these devices. Previously, being powered by battery would make CVR impossible. So CVR is only available for the Q and Q-Plus. However, now that we have the ability to power the Arlo Pro, adding a CVR feature to them seems much more possible. 

Any Arlo developers wanna chime in on this? Or even Arlo Pro users? The more feedback this post gets, the more likely that something like this will be implimented. 

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

dno328
Initiate

I just posted the same question in community discussions, and I was going to post in New Ideas when I found yours.  ARLO - please consider this a second request for the same feature!

justap77
Follower

I am also here to document my request for the CVR feature when Arlo is plugged into USB power!!  Thanks in advance!

PiquetPK
Follower
I use Arlo Q Pro cameras for the inside of my warehouse with CVR. I'd like to be able to CVR an Arlo Pro with the solar panel on the outside of my building. I like the wireless option that the Pro offers, but I need CVR.
DoggoCam
Initiate

I would also like to see a CVR option for the Arlo Pro. I would be willing to pay for the subscription to have this feature. 

DoggoCam
Initiate

Looks like they added this feature to the Arlo Pro 2. Wonder if it'll become an option for the Pros in the near future. 

CP20171208
Novice

Arlo is expensive in CCTV and home security area. But there is no CVR when other products offer CVR at free of cost for local storage and data can be viewed in apps/local monitor.  charging CVR for the customer is very bad marketing model.

Pleas do something alternative to provide CVR option for customers. I really feel i made a wrong decision to purchase arlo pro without CVR. I can live with limited night vision, CVR is one of the core features in CCTV.

msumrell
Novice

varsur
Aspirant

Yes absolutely need this feature. With USB drive connected to base station and power cable plugged in. Arlo pro should be able to CVR.

Nancyvreuls
Novice

Great idea. Currently, I use a 1T USB plugged into the back of the base station.