Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras utilize siren separately from Base Station

It would be great if Arlo Q could somehow trigger the siren in the New Pro Base. It seems it would be more effective and there would be far less false alarm soundings. I have 4 outside cameras, I'm guessing the siren will be going off more than I want with false alerts. Whereas indoors when the home is empty, there should'nt be any false alarms. I'm way more concerned about someone getting into the home than a delivery to my front door.

Comments
Proxiton
Guide

Having the cameras record a burglary in silence is all good and well, but I would love having a siren to help scare them off and/or alerting neighbours.

I recently experienced a break in at work, and the loud siren that went off made them panic and run off before they were able to locate anything of value. Adding a siren to the Arlo system would bring it one step closer to replacing a proper burglar alarm system.

Would love a siren too - in the event of seeing somebody on the cctv just have a button to set the siren off to scare them away...seems such a simple and clever idea.
Crehop
Novice
Request: Please make it so my indoor Arlo records when a burglary/fire alarm goes off in my house

Reason:

1. I don't like leaving my indoor Arlo for motion detection due to privacy or roommates.

2. I do however want my Arlo to record any time the burglar alarm or fire alarm is going off. (record emergency situations)

3. It's very hard to schedule or geofence multiple roommates.

Tech:

I know the Arlo detects sounds, or at least says it does. If it can do this, algorithms to detect the fire alarms pitch frequency changes and pattern of repetition should be usable in making Arlo recognize one. Just give us the option of any loud repeating noise with a high pitch record the video

Thank you for the consideration.

(If this is already possible and I'm just overlooking it, can someone explain how?)
I use my cameras to warn me of people being outside at nighttime. If alerted to a problem I can call the police/scare them off. I use my ring doorbell for a similar purpose. I have a proper alarm in case of a break in.

Whilst away for work/on holiday, I would love an external siren which can be activated if I see somebody outside. This would scare them off before they have further time to break in.

I have seen dlink make a siren which can be activated from an app but it's 110v and as far as I can see, internal.

Please can netgear consider this.
dktedl
Onlooker

you can buy the dlink siren and download the iftt (if this then that) connect the arlo app and the dlink app together in the iftt app, its working good. in the iftt app there is a recipe that says if arlo detects motion start my D-link alarn

krblock
Novice

I believe you can do this with IFTTT. My security system can send me texts or emails when it is armed, disarmed, and "alarm". These messages can then be used to control Arlo. I don't have Arlo, but am considering it and would use it in this way.

Bluecewe
Aspirant

dktedl wrote:

you can buy the dlink siren and download the iftt (if this then that) connect the arlo app and the dlink app together in the iftt app, its working good. in the iftt app there is a recipe that says if arlo detects motion start my D-link alarn

Unless I'm mistaken, does the D-Link Siren not require the D-Link Hub? It would be helpful if it did not require the Hub, however it seems to, and as such the Siren might not be as straightforward a solution to this problem as might be intially imagined. It could still work, albiet requiring more hardware and cost.

dktedl
Onlooker
It does not need a hub Im using this setup in my home and its working nicely
Bluecewe
Aspirant

dktedl wrote:

That's great to hear. One of the D-Link product pages I was looking at was ambiguous on the matter, but I'm happy to hear that is not the case.

Bluecewe
Aspirant

dktedl wrote:

Out of interest, which of the D-Link Sirens do you use? There seem to be two models: the DCH-Z510 and the DCH-S220.