Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR to local storage

I'd like to request that the Arlo Q Plus CVR be stored locally rather than the cloud.  ISP's are placing bandwidth caps on most of their services now and I can see CVR to the cloud for a bunch of cameras as a problem.  I know that you can record to a micro SD card, but this only records motion and sound events, not CVR.  Additionally, according to the support site, there is no way to view the SD cards remotely.  You have to pull them from the camera and plug them into a PC.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

I agree that we should have options to record CVR, such as: Record CVR locally only, Record CVR to the could only, or Record CVR both locally and to the cloud.. It should also be possible to access the SD card recordings directly instead of removing the card. There should be a web UI to log into the camera's IP address and view the contents of the SD card from within the network.
Blag
Star

Agree.  I was about to buy the Arlo Q Plus because I THOUGHT it would allow CVR on the micro SD card that I could access remotely.  I'm also concerned about the bandwidth limits both Xfinity and AT&T (main providers in my area) place on their customers here in Houston.

I also believe that ALL Arlo cameras should be able to record locally as well.  I would love to plug-in a large USB external drive to my Arlo Pro base station and have CVR on that, with the option to also save video clips of "events" (motion/sound) to record to the cloud.

Bob_1963
Guide

I agree and I bought another brand that offers local CVR which caused me to  put off buying anymore ARLO products until local CVR is avaialbe.

Like the ARLO but needed more flexibility.

Bob 

dsimpson
Aspirant

I agree to this as well. Please add the Arlo Pro 2 system. I bought the system thinking it could do this. Very disappointed at this time. One of my cameras are mounted to high to active by motion and I really don’t want to move it

borice
Initiate

+1 for the ability to CVR to local storage.  I have three Arlo Pro 2 cameras in my house that I'd like to CVR to a local drive. I cannot use CVR over the internet as my ISP enforces a bandwidth cap (overages cost money). Please enable this ability.

mloder
Fledgling

Will be returning my arlo system until local CVR is avaiable.

Chuckda4th
Tutor

especially agree with the options to have “Record CVR locally only, Record CVR to the could only, or Record CVR both locally and to the cloud..” and that “It should also be possible to access the SD card recordings directly instead of removing the card.”  I definitely assumed the latter would be viable when I purchased. 

AL5035
Novice

This is a must due to bandwidth limitations.please implement this feature.

nsheedy
Follower

Agreed. At least make CVR price reasonable until local storage is available