Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arm & Disarm keypad

I have an idea, because IFTTT or stringify buttons on my phone for some reason don't always work, or geo fencing.

The idea is an arlo wirelessss keypad, to arm and disarm your arlo devices, or custom rules just like how we can set them up on the webportal or phone apps.

You would need to put grace period in which after you arm using the keypad it will give you some time before you leave the house to fully arm.

If you have a camera on an entry point with your keypad, you can give that a grace period too, so that it wont instantly set off your alarm, email or push notification, if the keypad is pressed with the correct combination within 15 seconds or so.

Regards,
Jeremy

Comments
Elowe228
Tutor

@NINJER wrote:

I have an idea, because IFTTT or stringify buttons on my phone for some reason don't always work, or geo fencing.

The idea is an arlo wirelessss keypad, to arm and disarm your arlo devices, or custom rules just like how we can set them up on the webportal or phone apps.

You would need to put grace period in which after you arm using the keypad it will give you some time before you leave the house to fully arm.

If you have a camera on an entry point with your keypad, you can give that a grace period too, so that it wont instantly set off your alarm, email or push notification, if the keypad is pressed with the correct combination within 15 seconds or so.

Regards,
Jeremy

Bcbohman
Fledgling

I literally check this thread once a month in hopes that something has changed. I would say it is a month or 2 from becoming a deal-breaker. Has anyone has any luck on finding a workaround to this?

kmc100
Onlooker

I havnt found a work around as yet, whilst arlo have good cameras their support and innovation is lacking. There are now so many brands (ring, vale....) that offer similar system's that I would start looking at other products that offer them the helpful additions like a keypad to set and disarm the alarm system.

Arlo if you do read this, is there any plans to bring this in for your products?