Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo solar panel longer charging cable

The USB charging cable for the upcoming Arlo solar panel is 6 ft. However, in order to position the solar panel correctly for a few of my outdoor cameras that will be under eaves or awnings, it would be great if the USB charging cable was available in a 12 ft length. Please make this available as part of the ordering process.

Comments
cammot
Follower

I wish the folks at Arlo could announce when they have resolved this issue of having a longer cable for the solar panel.  It's badly needed by many on this forum and for obvious reasons. 

jsibayan
Guide

Keep on wishing "Cammot". Arlo, that I found out, creates too many products for them to keep up. Once you purchase their products, they have already discontinued them. I have already invested many cameras and realized that most of these cameras are obsolete. So what happens? Arlo can no longer assist you. For example, the solar panels for the Arlo Pro. They couldn't "Sell me", the cable because they're not available to the general public. I had to file a complaint in order for Arlo to realize that I'm  a customer, real person, whatever for they to acknowledge my existence. They did however, send me an entire unit just to replace the cable. But that's doesn't mean that my other 3 panels are covered. What happens then???? Arlo won't help, I'm willing to bet on that and I'm not a betting man. Food for thought if you continue to be an Arlo customer. 

Yardha
Fledgling

Netgear has created a great product.  I am surprised they have ignored countless requests for a longer than 6 ft solar cable? Does not work at all at my home, and  already own the solar panel.  What can we do? 

paloeser
Fledgling

After being ignored about an extension solar power cable (probably something that could have cost them almost nothing to provide, I was going to see if I could get a third party product.  (I never attempt to find one.)  After not receiving any response, just I stopped purchasing the Arlo equipment and moved on to the Ring system.  I now have a ring doorbell, and three camara security lights that give excellent results.  Arlo keeps offering deals that I now delete without reading. I probably will move the Arlo equipment I have to a non-critical area and just use them there until they die.  So, I am no longer a useful source of information.   

Yardha
Fledgling

Thank you for the reply.  I am sad they do not rectify this issue. 

bernsteinr
Aspirant

the ARLO solar panels never worked for me.  

I moved away from ARLO and use different systems now, (much better).  I have one ARLO solar panel , in the unopened box.  if anyone wants it, youre welcome to it, free.  just pay for postage.  contact me thru this, ill keep an eye out for emails.  

cammot
Follower

I would be interested in the panel if you still have it.  I will pay for the postage.  

Vito10
Onlooker

I would be interested in the solar panel. They are back ordered at Arlo. Happy to pay postage please let me know. 

Jimbo_in_VT
Observer

@Vito10 

I would gladly sell you the solar panel. I still have one in the box. Im not sure how to contact you outside this community thread

cammot
Follower

I included my email in my original or previous reply to your posting.