Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo baby additional alert option like ringing my phone

Arlo baby only sends push notification and email notification but I would like addition alert option like ringing my phone or an alarm because that would be really important to wake me up at night when baby cries. Push notification will not wake a person up at night. I feel this is very essential for a baby monitor especially at night. 

Imagine the baby is crying and you continue sleeping because the push notification did not wake the person up. Then whats the point of having the baby monitor. 

Comments
Zee12
Novice

Completely agree! It's easy to sleep straight through a notification. It would be ideal if the sound baby is making could be played instead of a notification. At the moment we need a seperate noise monitor so that we can hear what baby is doing. Almost defeats the purpose of Arlo baby. 

Kirsten_B
Guide

I would LOVE to see "always listening" mode be auto-enabled when audio/motion is detected on the baby monitor!

Lindsey_613
Novice

Yes! I mean, this is what a “baby monitor” does.... 

I just got mine and was shocked that it doesn’t do this. I plan to return it because I need a monitor, not just a camera. I called Customer Service in case I was doing something wrong and he told me that I could turn on email notifications. Just what I need, to wake up in the morning, check my email and learn that my baby cried all night!