Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app automatically open when camera senses motion?

Ok, I recently added the Arlo pro to my arlo system at my front door.  My question is, is there anyway I can have the arlo app open when that camera senses motion.  It takes too long to open it up, and wait for it to log up to be able to talk to the person at my door.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

Kottayam
Follower
)
6:06 AM
Hi
Just wondering any chance this arlo app on my phone/android tab can open and disply live video automaticaly when motion detects? I wanted to organize one arlo camera as a door video phone, so that when someone comes at front door and ring the call bell i will be able to see it on my android tab that i fixed on the wall with out me mannually starting the arlo app.
Hope my question makes sense.
Cheers
JamesC
Community Manager

Kottayam,

This is not currently a feature of the Arlo mobile app. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

MaikR
Tutor

Hi,

we have bought Arlo Q amongst others because Netgear promote Arlo as baby and children cam and we  finally wanted to use it as babyphone.

Unfortunately Arlo do not meet our requirements because the notification alert is not suitable for babyphone function.

Idea:

Implement "babyalert" function into the software / settings:

When Arlo Q detect noises it should open a realtime video on the Iphone or at least should play realtime noises or anspecial alert so that parents could wake up in case of babyalert.

This function should be updated to Arlo Q APP without needing any new cam or hardware.

mvbaxter
Novice

Just to back this up, things have actually gotten worse since this posting.  I have now begun receiving ads for me to Upgrade my Arlo account. These ads even come up when I am attempting to address a "motion detected" alert.

Here's how it currently goes:

1. Receive an alert on my iPhone that motion was detected
  2. Swipe the alert to go directly to Arlo app
  3. Provide fingerprint to access the iPhone
  4. 50% of the time... Provide fingerprint for Arlo.  50% of the time, click the "Access Arlo via touch" link, then provide fingerprint.
  5. Wait for ad to load, then close it.
  6. Wait for camera zones to load.
  7. Click the "Live" icon for the zone where motion was detected.
  8. Wait for live to load all features so I can press and hold the microphone button to address the person at my door, if they're still there.

Total time from alert to addressing the person at my door ~= 45secs to just over a minute.

Suggested improvement

1. Receive an alert on my iPhone that motion was detected
  2. Swipe the alert to go directly to Arlo app
  3. Provide fingerprint to access the iPhone
  4. Arlo accepts login from iPhone and loads directly to the interaction screen for the alert you swiped.  (e.g. My "Motion detected for Front door" alert would launch with my "Front door" camera active and ready in "Live" mode and ready for me to interact with whoever is there)
kushdeck
Onlooker

When opening the phone app or the using the browser, I would like to see an option to automatically enable live view on all cameras without having to enable them one by one. 

If box is checked, app / browser will open with cameras enabled in live mode. 

Devisom
Initiate

Hello,

Is it possible to turn live video on automaticly in addition of recordings and bring to the screen directly from that camera in whic motion is detected ?

arlosana
Initiate
Display live video on Google Home Hub from selected camera's when motion is detected, when home. Automatically!
Lockout
Novice

I am so sorry to bother you, as I am not having a problem directly related to my arlo doorbell. In fact I love your products and have been telling my customers about your products.What I was wondering if it would be at all possible to add a feature to the Arlo Doorbell? The idea I was thinking was to have something set up in the software to immediately call my phone if someone is standing at my door. I understand it does call you, but ONLY if someone rings the doorbell. I do understand that you can set up the doorbell to video certain areas and set the sensitivity....etc... for SMS alerts. The problem is most alerts are not concerning. I am a mobile locksmith and I do alot of driving, which makes it very difficult to monitor SMS alerts. Yes I could set up a camera, but again, monitoring it would be very difficult, But if my phone was to ring to notify me someone is standing at my door (not ringing the doorbell), then that would definitely raise a concern and I would be able to answer the call through my bluetooth and notify the person, I know they are standing there. If it was criminal activity, then it would most likely scare them off if they knew, I knew they were there.I really hope someone will take this idea into consideration. I have only notified you of this idea, so hey!, this feature could be a big selling point over your competitors! :)Thank you so much for your time.