Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Compatible With Base Station, Cameras, and Chime

My idea is too make the video doorbell as best as you can (Arlo). Like compitable with basestation and cameras and chime.

Comments
Spatman
Guide
Please update the Arlo Chime to work with the Video Doorbell, allowing both doorbell and motion detection notifications to be heard.

Ring Chime has this feature and it would be great if Arlo did too.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Cleenton
Onlooker
The video doorbell should be able to trigger other Ultra/Pro cameras. According to support, you cannot trigger a device that is attached to the SmartHub unless the triggering device is attached to the hub.
babaLucas
Fledgling

It would be very useful to have the video doorbell work with the Arlo Chime

In addition it have the option to integrate with the hub and the rest of the existing Arlo system in my home instead of being so stand alone.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Have the option of connecting the Video Door bell to base station for Local Video storage .  I see alot of people would purchase this with this as an option.  

Kjp669
Novice
Allow the Video doorbell to connect to the smart hub base.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

Arlo SmartHubs - VMB5000 and VMB4540 are now compatible with the Arlo Video Doorbell.  Please ensure that your SmartHub firmware is updated to the latest version, as listed below.

• VMB5000   1.16.1.1_475_71659aa
  • VMB4540   1.16.1.1_461_71659aa
  • VMB4000   1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c
  • VMB4500   1.16.1.1_3260_facf74c

To migrate your Arlo Video Doorbell from WiFi connection to your Arlo base-station or SmartHub, please remove it from your account, wait for the factory reset to complete (LED ring should be solid white) then re-onboard.

This is the full list of supported base-stations and SmartHubs for the Arlo Video Doorbell.