Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus PoE. WiFi backup

Given people are facing issues with POE and connectivity, it would be helpful if the Arlo Q+ could fall back to Wifi if the Ethernet went down or there was a power issue. This would ensure a live feed is not interrupted when one is remote and wants to watch the camera. 

I have had issues where the camera disconnects from ethernet, then I cant see anything live, it shows me the Wifi symbol, then randomly reconnects.  If the camera connected to wifi in this downtime  I would still be able to see the feed. 

Comments
jvoskuil
Tutor

I've just set up an Arlo Q Plus that I might want to use via wifi or PoE. I started by setting it up with a wifi connection. Then I unplugged the camera, hooked up PoE, and plugged the camera back in. It took a bit longer than usual to connect, but it did connect to my network via the ethernet connection. I then unplugged the camera again, disconnected the PoE, and plugged it back in, and it did connect via wifi.

I haven't tested to see if it will automatically switch between the interfaces without unplugging, but you may want to give it a try. The key would be to set up the wifi connection first so it knows how to do that.