Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro modes - change the order modes are displayed

It would be handy to be able to change the order that modes are displayed in the list on both the web console and the App.  I have a number of custom modes and there are a few modes that I never use.  Being able to change the order (in much the same way as you can change the Device display order) would mean that I could put my frequently used modes at the top, and the unused ones at the bottom of the list

Comments
Dannybear
Master
Hi,
I have never tried to reorder the list in the modes page before and I don’t think you can.
The top four in the list are default modes and not delete able and fixed. You just add custom modes at your whim. I can’t think of a functional reason to alter the list order.
Is this need related to having a lot of modes that you want to get quicker access to?
The schedule mode is where you can choose what mode you want and when.
ABrisvegas
Tutor
Yeah I don’t think so either.

The post was more aimed at Arlo technicians hoping they could update the app so that this feature could be added as I would like to be able to.
Dannybear
Master
Ok,
There’s a place for these suggestions in the forum, refer link below.
I have found that there’s a good likelihood that it may have already be suggested and you just add in yourself.
Feel free to still post here as well though as it prompts users to like the new idea.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Welcome/Idea-Exchange/td-p/1152408/jump-to/first-unread-message
ABrisvegas
Tutor
Ah great, thanks!
ABrisvegas
Tutor

I too would like to see this (the ability to change the order in the Modes list)

Jabroni
Apprentice

When either using the app or the online web portal, I know how to change the order of the devices.

Yet once the device order has been saved, it does not reflect the same in the "Mode" menu where you choose "armed, disarmed, schedule, geo". My devices are in a totally random order on that screen.

How can this device list be edited to reflect the way I want it done so it matches the device list.

jguerdat
Guru

Sorry, can't be done. The device order is only for the Devices card, not modes.

TommyBoyo
Novice

Very annoying problem when I only want to set cameras at the front of the house while home in the evening