Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro modes - change the order modes are displayed

It would be handy to be able to change the order that modes are displayed in the list on both the web console and the App.  I have a number of custom modes and there are a few modes that I never use.  Being able to change the order (in much the same way as you can change the Device display order) would mean that I could put my frequently used modes at the top, and the unused ones at the bottom of the list

Comments
TomMac
Guru

I think it may be a good option down the road to SORT the Modes....

Reason is that with more than about 5 modes, the extras are off screen and must be scrolled to see,,, allowing sorting would let the user put those most used at the top.

Exp; I rarely use schedule and geozone so I would want them at the bottom of list

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

TomMac
Guru

I'm running aprox 10 different modes for 12 cameras.... I would like the option to SORT the modes ( like the way we can arrange camera order ).

This would allow me to put the most common used one at the top of device screen ( like Armed/Disarmed )... so I don't have to scroll down to find one I need most often

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

RayAZ
Novice

I agree this would be a nice feature and should be easy to add.

Frickin
Onlooker

As new custom modes are created, the newest mode is placed at the bottom of the list. It would be nice to be able to change the order that the modes are listed in, so that more frequently used modes could be placed at the top of the list. 

CalicoSalsa
Aspirant

I would also like this added to a future development. Would like to see both alpha sorting and drag into place sorting.  Thank you!

ABrisvegas
Tutor
Hi

I’d like to see the ability to change the order of the modes. (I’ve seen this elsewhere in the forums previously but couldn’t find it again).
Dannybear
Master
Not enough detail.

When you say mode, do you mean custom modes or the sequence order when modes are set in a schedule?
ABrisvegas
Tutor
Not in the schedule.

I mean in the app in the “Modes” tab. Under the Armed, Disarmed etc modes I have created other custom modes. I would like to re-order the custom modes I have made.