Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro How to disable e911

I just downloaded the new version v2.5.3 and set up the e911 feature.  I can see me hitting that button by mistake so I would like to disable it but for the life of me can't figure out if it can be done.   Any info would be greatly appreciated!    Thanks!

Comments
JRW23
Novice

We need the disable feature completed now.  What software developer or product owner would make such a serious feature and not give an option to disable it.  Ridiculous.

JRW23
Novice

When can we expect this ridiculously implemented featured to be updated so it can be disabled.   Accidents and miss reporting just waiting to happen. 

Karp30534
Tutor

I just signed up for the free trial of the Premium and am wondering this myself. Terrible design to put that button at the top of every full screen view. I can see accidentally hitting the button. It’s hard to believe it cannot be disabled. 

Bigjoe28
Novice
When will we be able to disable e911?
Seahawker12
Novice

I just signed up for the premium service and enabled the e911, so wish I had seen this thread first.

Arlo this thread is over 6 months old. There has to be a way you can make this feature be disabled. Your implementation of it is poorly designed. Having a huge button at the top of every full-screen view is just asking for accidental presses. We need a way to disable this A.S.A.P.

Marksta
Onlooker

Good luck with anybody at this company caring or much less taking the time to reply. 

Karp30534
Tutor

I’m @Hatch9279 wrote:

I just downloaded the new version v2.5.3 and set up the e911 feature.  I can see me hitting that button by mistake so I would like to disable it but for the life of me can't figure out if it can be done.   Any info would be greatly appreciated!    Thanks!

I just contacted Arlo via Facebook on this last week. I was told by Arlo Support there is currently no way to disable the e911 button. It makes zero sense to me, either. It’s a terrible design. 

Nhott
Guide
Any update? I have since cancelled the Arlo Smart and the button is still there. We are moving soon and there’s no way to even change the address.
Karp30534
Tutor

I cancelled the free trail today.  I no longer have the buttons/icons in "Full Screen Mode".  When you go back to the Basic Membership, just be sure to follow the "Continue" buttons through the entire transaction.  It appears you're being billed but you're not, all charges are "$0.00".

While I like the special notifications (Person, Animal, etc.), I just don't think it's worth the price.

Nhott
Guide
I went through the same steps as you. E911 is still there for me.