Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro How to disable e911

I just downloaded the new version v2.5.3 and set up the e911 feature.  I can see me hitting that button by mistake so I would like to disable it but for the life of me can't figure out if it can be done.   Any info would be greatly appreciated!    Thanks!

Comments
jdurbin1
Novice

Horrible execution for this feature. Who thought it would be a good idea to put a giant call 911 banner on every full screen camera view? And then topped that by making it virtually impossible to remove it?

Frankly that alone is making me reconsider the upgrade and canceling my free trial before Arlo bangs my credit card. Hoping to see some feedback on this before I have to make the call.

John

terrylap
Observer

when will you be able to delete e911

terrylap
Observer

when will this feature e911 be disabled,

Vette91z
Follower

Want e911 feature disabled on Arlo. Contacted customer service no luck! Any engineers on the forum who can give an update as to when users will be able to disable the e911 feature??

Sarah8311
Aspirant

Is there any status on implementing the ability to disable e911 yet?  I just installed my system and can see how this is going to be a problem.  Thank you.

Marksta
Onlooker
This was posted 6 months ago. Define soon please.
Marksta
Onlooker

Are there any moderators or Arlo employees monitoring these forums any longer? 

Katepd
Novice

Please please please provide option to disable e911.  Too easy to push that button by mistake. It’s crazy to have an option you can’t disable!  Hate that gigantic bar across my live feed. Terrible idea. 

Katepd
Novice

Need this damn e911 disabled now!  How can you have an option you can’t disable???  Come on, Arlo, get on the ball!

Jreesjr0806
Fledgling

Wow I wish I saw this post before I decided to enable e911.... this post is 6 months old and support needs to fix this!