Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
themorris13
Aspirant

+1 for adding an Arlo based doorbell with video and 2-way audio. PLEASE...!!!!

Hi Netgear,

I see this has been a topic on your forum for a couple of years now.  I just bought some Arlo Pro cameras, and a truly like them.  I would like to integrate a doorbell camera ASAP.  Do you have anything coming to market soon?  I'd hate to invest in an incompatible doorbell system.  

You can private message me or email me for more if you don't want to publically disclose your answer.  

Thanks,

Ron Smith

scraders
Novice

I would love an Arlo doorbell to add to my 5 existing cameras. We recently purchased a Ring doorbell pro and like the idea, but the video quality is not as good as my Arlo Qs nor my Arlo Pros. If I were to place a Pro facing outward at my front door, it would get activated by every car that drives by. A doorbell would need to implement the motion zones like on the Arlo Qs to focus mainly on the sidewalk and walkway.

elysianite
Novice

I think single or dual power option (AC and/or rechargable backup or primary replaceable battery) that replaces the regular doorbell. Garage and smart bulb are nice touches too, but not musts.
A few changes I'd make are:
to allow the video camera angle to be adjusted upon installation, but make this articulation inaccessible after installation is complete.
add an alarm that can be manually triggered or triggered if it senses someone is trying to tamper with the device.
SD card local and cloud recording
Notifies of loss of AC power or low battery
Can choose to begin recording upon sensing motion or with the ringing of the bell.
Perhaps dual camera.  One broad angle, another without distortion to capture scalable images.

I'm sure the community would come up with plenty of other good ideas on top of the ones most brands are offering.

Nethalite
Apprentice
Still waiting on alro to R&D this. I don't want to get a third party camera when I can have my camera from one brand I trust. I don't think a mic/speaker is needed because it will make it bulky and I want it compact and less noticeable to suspect it's a camera doorbell. Having one so don't have to answer solicitor at my door and pretend to be interested.
Deanw
Star

Hi, I have. few sugestions/ideas. 

1) A doorbell camera would be awesome!! To work with Arlo basestation. 

2) The ability to live view a camera, and have it still record motion when armed without having to manual record. 

3) CVR plan availabe for ARLO PRO when plugged in. 

4) Arlo Q ability to sync to arlo base station. 

5) the ability to view all cameras continusly on a monitor or tablet (When those cameras are plugged in and not on battery) (optional) 

Love my arlo system, and it just keeps getting better. looking forward to whats next in store!! 

fishcamera
Fledgling

I want to use the concepts availble with RING, doorbell camera, security motion light and speaker. Any chance arlo will expand their product line? I hate to confuse the two systems. 

Scott1976
Novice

I want one too!

JustLearning
Apprentice

Or Netgear could work with Ring? 

Mikest00
Onlooker

Still waiting on that Arlo Doorbell. I am now on my 6th Ring Doorbell in a year and am getting tired of it. Need something more durable like my Arlos.