Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
hmurchison
Onlooker
Doorbell sales in my neighborhood were incredible this Christmas season. Price hasn't been much of an issue as many of the people purchasing have had issues with packages being stolen A $200 Arlo doorbell would do just fine where I live.
jfalbo
Aspirant

It would be nice to be able to use the siren as a doorbell. A quick couple of chirps if motion is detected.

trayes77
Star
It would be nice to have a dedicated Netgear Arlo door sensor, or partnership with another company's sensor to activate the alarm in the base station. I would like to be able to have the siren sound when a door is opened or busted opened for that matter. The Arlo pro camera is decent at picking up movement, so I avoid enabling the siren to go off every time the camera senses motion.

Thanks!
Troy
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

OC_Wendy
Fledgling

Echoing my fellow Arlo users -  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OFFER A DOORBELL. My local Costco tells me they instantly sell out of RING doorbells every time they get any in stock. 

You are missing an easy product line extension that would instantly gain new customers and additional business from existing customers - its a marketing no-brainer and it would sell itself.

What are you waiting for?? Yes please.  

A doorbell camera with the features of Ring that will work on a security gate that adds on to the 5 camera no-charge video archive would be ideal. Yes please. 

Ideally this would be dual capable hard-wire (to replace existing doorbell) and wireless (battery operated) to meet the needs of broadest groups. 

Please make this product soon. I just bought a RING because you don't offer one.  😞  

NtGrHd
Guide

I'm sure this has been suggested before but it is an idea -at least I think so- worthy of further consideration. I just purchased and installed an Arlo Pro camera system and couldn't be happier however it could use one additional camera, a door viewer. There are such products currently available and most of them are well.....junk.

Folks nowadays are busier than they used to be and not always home as they've always been. A wireless door viewer fits perfectly with the Arlo system and compliments it in numerous ways.

Personally I'd like to see one with a wireless remote doorbell button with built-in speaker/microphone for alert and two-way communications. I have like many do a storm door which I keep locked therefore being able to access the button for alert on a camera system mounted on the door itself won't work. The button and communications component needs to be remotely mountable only the camera itself should be viewable on the outside of the door although options could be made available for those who could use a camera with built-in button and speaker/mic, options are always good.

Inside the door needs to be a monitor to compliment smartphone, tablet or computer access to the door viewer. As with the Arlo Pro base's USB port for local download and storage there should be an SD card or USB port in the door monitor so you have redundant backup storage capability. In the event the entire system goes down the door viewer should switch to standalone mode and remain operational.

I will have to find a solution for my front door, it only makes sense to keep all camera systems compatible though. Just a thought although I have read similar product idea suggestions in this community. Anywho, keep up the good work!

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JamesC

RonAlv
Tutor

JamesC,

I would, as well would love to see a "Arlo Door Bell'. Incorporate into the Arlo Base, and with your free cloud service, I know Net Gear would have a winner. I recently purchased the 2 Arlo Pro with base system, and now I wished I would have went with the 3 camera system. 

Regards,

Ron A.

Clapton
Novice

I am convinced that a Arlo doorbell would be a great success in the Arlo Assortment. 

It would be nice to welcome a Arlo Q based doorbell that can be added in the Arlo network. 

Curlzhouse
Novice

Wow I just found this thread and what's more amazing I just sent in t request for a doorbell. Unlike the original post I do think that having the ability to connect to the current door bell wires to either charge or illiminate the need for batteries. I dubbed this new door bell as the Arlo Knock. Sure hope to see something soon!