Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
Truearlo
Onlooker

This is a repost from the general forum is suggested.

I live in the small gated condo community, and have recently had strangers knocking at my door. I start to worry about security, as well as stolen package deliveries,  which is to becoming more and more common. I want to install a motion activated peephole camera to replace the current peephole.  I cannot find anything decent at the marketplace.  I managed to get one recently but there is no night vision, and  does not provide remote viewing.   Since I have Arlo and Arlo Q, it would be great to integrate a peephold camera into the existing platform so that I can have one app and control them all.  Arlo, please  tell me that you are making one!  

Someone suggested me to buy a Ring Door Bell.  But my condo community already has an existing wired door bell and I don't know how to rip it out.  Furthermore, the HOA might not like it since the HOA owns the outside wall.  When it comes down to it, I still would like to have one app to control all camera.  There should be great market potential for this!  Again, please make a peephole camera!  I will be the first one to buy it!

Schorschi
Prodigy

Truearlo wrote:

I live in the small gated condo community, and have recently had strangers knocking at my door. I start to worry about security, as well as stolen package deliveries,  which is to becoming more and more common. I want to install a  movement activated peephole camera to replace the current peephole.  I cannot find anything decent at the marketplace.  I managed to get one recently but there is no night vision, and  does not provide remote viewing.   Since I have Arlo and Arlo Q, it would be great to integrate  of people camera into the existing platform.  Arlo, please  tell me that you are making one!  

Hm, gated community and strangers knocking on your door? The gates must be open during the day then. Perhaps suggest to the HOA to keep the gates closed 24/7. That would preclude having to get any (more) security devices.

If they don't concur tell them that they force you to install your own security devices. You can easily unscrew the existing doorbell and mount the Ring doorbell with industry-grade double-sided tape. That's reversible, no permanent damage done.

And you have no window near your front door that you could place your Arlo Q behind of? The Arlo Q triggers through windows (unlike the wireless Arlo cameras), but you'd have to turn night vision off and hence need external lights, because the reflection of the camera's IR lights in the window will blind the camera.

Yes, please, im looking into ring. I would rather wait if Arlo comes up with one.
anolte
Follower

I want an Arlo wifi integrated video/audio doorbell.   I would love to be a test location for this product.  I would prefer not to have to purchase this product type from someone else.

Art Nolte 

Misetroman
Novice
Dealing with disabilities, i eould love to test this product
cjamesadams
Fledgling

I just bought a Ring for my house this weekend because this same solution doesn't exist yet with Arlo. I'm definitley interested in this type of setup. I have 4 corners covered and this woudl be a good use of 5th slot on the free plan. 

Superman2000
Apprentice

why not just put an arlo camera that captures a view of the door?  they can be put anywhere.

nngnng
Apprentice

Well if they do make a security product again- I WILL NEVER BUY A NETGEAR product. Netgear are not in the market for security camera. You should really look at some on the bigger players out there. 

Nethalite
Apprentice
Would love to see arlo release something like this.
Mikest00
Onlooker
I would also like to see this. I have a Ring Doorbell and it isn't near as reliable as Arlo.