Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors

Arlo Connection time

Doesn’t really matter which camera results are the same. Here’s what happened to me. I was in my backyard in my hot tub. I could tell someone was at my front door. So I pulled up my camera at the front door. By the time I finally got connected and saw the fees the person decided to leave. It took a full 45 seconds. This is an arlo Pro 2 but could be any camera. I was at home connected to my at home router. Is there any reason why if I’m at home that I need to connect thru arlo servers? Can the software not be made smart enough to detect my phone is connected to the same network as my base station and then short circuit the connection to speed it up? Your painfully slow handshaking and connection time is inconsistent with having such a high quality and expensive system.. I would like you to consider adding this as a feature. There are so many good suggestions on here but seems you guys are busy bringing out new products like the door bell that disconnects when there is a power loss and doesn’t reconnect unless you re-sync it manually something you can’t do if you are out of town for the winter months.. so many issues plaguing your system. Stop and catch your breath, fix the issue before adding even more buggy items. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan and supporter but getting frustrated with so many issues and poor application and features.
2 Comments
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Novice

This is a serious safety concern. Having to wait for video to be uploaded, processed, and downloaded so that I may view the video of someone breaking into my house 50 seconds after it occurred, rather than "real time" from my home computer, makes this system worthless for home security.