Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera to be encased in different types of packages or containers like mailbox

Idea is to have the arlo camera be able to be encased in different types of packages.

For instance, having a container (feel free to imagine the different types of forms) for my front door. It could be a container of my favorite football team, or a doorbell or a mailbox. Arlo is independent of any wires, so you can pretty much put any container around it. It also may address some of the complaints people have about not having the camera fastened. The camera doesn't have to be fastened, but you can buy a container that could.

So I'm too lazy to do a search on this page for similar ideas and responses. I did some searching online for such a product, and I couldn't find anything.

Comments
jasonx101
Apprentice

I would like to see a weather proof box that could be screwed into the wall and the camera placed inside with the camera poking slightly out of a hole in the side. The box could be lockable,

This would make it relatively easy to attack to the wall and easier to take off the wall to recharge as you would just have to unlock the

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

roemaround
Novice

i love arlo and want to expand to my yard and property.  my first request is like the previous, a weather proof box to lock & protect a wireless arlo camera that can connect to my internet like the other cameras.  my second request is to take the outdoor camera to the next level where it can be remote - not in range of wifi - and transmit images.  we can, then, put the cameras on our land.