Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Arlo BABY Alexa Start Motion Monitor

Hello I have the Arlo Baby and I would like to say "Alexa Turn on Montion and Audio Alerts"  I tried with IFTTT but it does not appear to be a choice.

Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

darkiss,

Take a look here for more information on how you can use Alexa with your Arlo Baby: How can I use Amazon devices with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

darkiss
Star

Great thanks however that functioanly is extremely limited.

The Arlo product does not have this ability at all that appears it should be a basic thing to have for the device.  

Is there no plan to add the ability to enable/disable the alerting with voice command?  This can be done with IFTTT and/or Alexa but it is simply not something that you currently offer from reading your link

JamesC
Community Manager

This isn't something available with the current Arlo - Alexa integration. I don't have any information on this feature becoming available in the future.

JamesC

darkiss
Star

Okay would be kind enought to reach out to Arlo developers to see if there is API that I can use for this and/or when this will be available for me to use?

darkiss
Star

bump this thread as still an issue

dsachdev
Novice

I'll second the request for access to the API - so that if the company isn't going to develop it, let the community develop it.