Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
PLopez
Aspirant

HomeKit now supports video cameras with vendors like D-Link and Withings already supported.  Key features would be:

* motion detection triggers (both motion on, and motion off)

* Video/sound support with thin the Apple Home app (see D-Link implementation which is OK)

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

ronnyromero
Follower

Engineering Investigation EXCELLENT!! please do it, do it, do it!!

GerardMatata
Aspirant

The status change to "Engineering Investigation" was enough to make me go out and pick up the starter kit with 4 Arlo Pro cameras. I hope Apple Homekit integration becomes a reality, I'll add more cameras!

ittroll
Apprentice

If Homekit bcomes a reality it is likely you will have to buy a new base station as it will require a special Apple chip.

boubou
Observer

I would gladly purchase a new base station for my Arlo cameras if it supported Apple  Homekit support

GerardMatata
Aspirant

Agreed - I would gladly purchase a new HomeKit-enabled base station if that's what it took! 

a_beshears
Novice

I wanted to see if there was a way that Arlo Pro or just Arlo cameras in general could be added to Apple Homekit. it would be a lot easier to manage. I also wanted to see if there was a way that an Apple Watch app might be made. I am able to receive alerts and updates to my Apple Watch, but I have to pull my phone out to view and manage the video and recording. These were just a few suggestions/requests that I would like to see. I know I have talked to some others and they liked the idea of this as well.

PBA
Observer
Observer

I would like to see Arlo Smart triggering HomeKit events, so i can automate lights, HVAC etc. when a known person approaches the house. 

I will definitely purchase Arlo cameras and subscription when HomeKit is available. 

82times
Onlooker
I think if Arlo had HomeKit support it would be an easy way to have them sold in Apple retail stores. They'd be the nicest HomeKit-enabled cameras by a mile. I'd certainly buy a new base station if it was required.