Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
mountaindewbass
Apprentice

Apple announced today that they are working with some companies for home security to be included into homekit.  It would be nice if Arlo would be included. We shall see

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I hope so.. It may help boost their market share and maybe those "New Ideas" here on the forum will be implemented in no time.. Then again.. it's all up to Apple/Netgear's decision.. 

oh please please please please add this to homekit

cuz i want more control over the Arlo cameras...way too expenisive not to have more manageablity 

IFTTT also is wanted on my end

PBA
Observer
Observer

Please add Apple HomeKit support. 

I would buy 5 Arlo camera and a subscription, but only with HomeKikt support. I do not want multiple home automation integration solutions.

Elmar2001
Star

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

Is this planned to do?

JamesC
Community Manager

Elmar2001,

I don't have any information on whether or not Arlo will be integrated with the Apple Home Kit but this is a great idea. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post there or kudo existing threads referencing this topic.

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

ChuckG5164
Novice

I agree connecting through Apple Home kit would be very nice

david8704
Apprentice

YES!!

AndyOneBeard
Novice

Please add Apple Homekit support, as this has been poorly embraced by the industry / 3rd party developers to date and for Netgear to be amongts the first would not only be a big coup, but frankly would put you way ahead of the competition and lend your Arlo product range a much needed edge over, what is certain to be, an ever crowded section of the market. I for one will buy the first product that suports this, irrespective of who makes it, so come on Netgear, let me give you my business!