Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

beckettpauln
Guide
HomeKit support would be fantastic... but a new hub is 100% certain (like Philips Hue) because Apple require an "Apple Authentication Chip" in HomeKit compatible devices!!
speedlimiter
Aspirant
Count me in for the wish for HomeKit support.
Swoops
Aspirant
Count me in for HomeKit.
Sheingold
Fledgling
I would love Arlo to work with Apple HomeKit.
beckettpauln
Guide
I would love to see Apple HomeKit support to the Arlo Pro Hub although I appreciate this will not be possible via a software update only because Apple demand a unique authentication chip to be included in any HomeKit approved device!!!

Therefore I accept a new, upgraded, hub will need to be purchased, but I still would love to see HomeKit integration (without losing SmartThings integration).
beckettpauln
Guide
I appreciate a new hub would be required (because Apple demand an authentication chip in all HomeKit approved devices) but I would happily upgrade my hub for HomeKit support!!!
Zabi1
Observer

Count me in for HomeKit.

boubou
Observer

Looks like Arlo doesn't give a **bleep** about it's custommers. Time to move on to another company. I spent enough money on this hardware and they refuse to improve on it. Thanks for nothing Arlo.

boubou
Observer

Arlo doesn't even bother replying to our request!