Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
Garinus
Aspirant

I was in Canada last week where the Arlo Pro 2 2 camera kit is much cheaper (600CAD vs 608EUR) during a much anticipated trip as I was hoping to go back home with my cameras - I know I would have had to find a solution for the base station adapter.

Anyway, as there is no news about HomeKit I didn’t buy it.

There you go Netgear, you’ve lost a customer! 🙂

kalinchuk
Follower

I have one Arlo camera that I got to try out. I am looking to purchase 15-20 more but I need HomeKit campatibility. If Arlo is unable to implement such a simple and popular feature, how can they handle more complex features? Anyone who is reading this thread looking for HomeKit support, I'd suggest looking at the competing cameras such as Nest because it has been over 2 years and no response from Arlo regarding this request.

LaraCroft835
Aspirant

fullsizeoutput_10a0.jpeg

so this is the latest IOS update and wow are they coming out fast lately but this genius update isnt to get Homekit intergration but its for rich notifications and US only. Shame that Netgear cant take a page from Philips with Hue and Homekit intergration and welcome feedback from its user base.

Komainu85
Onlooker

Is there any update on this?

They seem to be holding this back so they can sell some of the features in their smart subscription, such as rich notifications. They come free with HomeKit but charged in the smart subscription. 

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

@Komainu85 I don't think the additional features advertised in the new Smart subscription are available via HomeKit. Ability to pinpoint "action areas' isn't a homekit thing. Ability to see a pic on your lockscreen of the triggered still isn't a homekit thing.

Incidentally, I subscribed to the Premier subscription and was neither offered a month's free trial NOR do I have access to any of the promised features. I'm not surprised to be fair. Netgear seem happy promising nothing and delivering the same!!!

Komainu85
Onlooker

@StretfordEnder from this article it seems that HomeKit can do images in notifications. https://www.macrumors.com/review/logitech-circle-2-home-security-camera/ towards the bottom, check the screenshots. 

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

@Komainu85 Let me assure you Netgear will NOT integrate Pro/Pro 2 with HomeKit. They've had years to do it. Clearly can't/won't. 

Globe135
Novice

Any update on the possible integration with Homekit? I think this would make your system even more attractive to a lot of users two GREAT products.

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

@Globe135 Of course not. The question has only been asked since 31 January 2016 (when this thread began) with absolutely NIL response from Netgear.

kalinchuk
Follower

According to unconfirmed sources, Netgear has decided to screw iPhone users and not make their products HomeKit compatible.