Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
RDNiel
Follower

Another vote for Home Kit!!!  Please share any offical comments about Home Kit.

Sicplano
Onlooker

I'm also interested in triggering interior lights to come on when an Arlo camera detects motion.  I understand this can be done now  with WeMo toggle switches and IFTTT, however I am wanting to standardize  my home automation using Apple HomeKit. 

Gordon295
Novice
We have now invested in about $600+ in Arlo cameras and accessories. Please integrate with Apple Home Kit! Also please add door and window sensors &/or motion sensors. I’d like to see Arlo become a more overall security system. So far we are please but we’d like to move toward more Apple smart home products. Also be able to have more than one person logged in to view it too.
Thanks!!
TrulsZK
Apprentice

Also in iOS 11 it is possible to implement HomeKit without a HomeKit / MFI chip.

Companies will be able to authenticate their devices entirely via firmware and software updates.

Therefore there is no problem for Netgear to implement HomeKit for all devices via updates.

ittroll
Apprentice

There is still one big problem; a lack of will or capability from Netgear. This has been under engineering investigation for over two years. Smiley Frustrated

Either they are never going to do it, or they need a new engineering team!

DSteen
Fledgling

Hi,

Wouldn't it be possible (with the changed HomeKit protocol, August 2017 https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2017/705/ 

around the 36:48 minute mark) to add HomeKit support to all Arlo products?

As the need for the dedicated MFi coprocessor, was dropped. This would make it easier (for Netgear) to add the support (without releasing new produts or bridges with dedicated coprocessor) or not?

For me this would convince me to buy an Arlo security system, probably more others like me (everyone has it's own preference for system I guess).

Thanks in advance,

With kind regards,

Delano

DSteen
Fledgling

Around the 36:48 minute mark, of the video. 

Jhonragu
Novice

under engineering investigation for over two years???

please.... seriously guys

markf22
Observer

I recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2 bundle with 4 cameras.  Jury is still out on whether I'll keep it or not.  I was initially disapointed with the latency when using "Live View" which isn't live at all.  Which also makes the ability to talk over the camera almost useless.  Definitely not useable for any sort of communication.  HOWEVER - I would GLADLY keep it if I knew that some HomeKit integration were in the works.  As of now, I know 4 or 5 friends that are staying away until HomeKit is a part of this system.  PLEASE!  Add HomeKit already!

Tom06
Apprentice

Please add HomeKit compatibility. I know many people who Would purchase Arlo if you were to support HomeKit.