Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
david8704
Apprentice

Please Netgear, give us some answears. I wan´t to add 2 more cameras to my setup, but I wait until I know you going to add Home-Kit support some how.

Just let us know. 

mccolm323
Novice

What is the timeline for the iOS10 intergation with HomeKit? thank you.

boubou
Observer

I completely agree. I love my Arlo cameras! they are the best but need Apple home kit integration

B4Bhupati
Novice

I am so keen to see that integration.

ittroll
Apprentice
brezzy413
Onlooker

Any idea if homekit will be supported in iOS 10? WOuld be so awesome to have my cameras integrate with all of my other homekit products. Also please dont pull a phillips hue and make people have to buy all new hardware if possible! Hopefully can be done through software!

boubou
Observer

Agree with Apple home kit has to be a must for me to purchase.  Otherwise, going elsewhere, why should I spend my hard earned money on a system that doesn't integrate with my apple products?  a bridge would be fine too.

Another thing, where is Arlo? no replies? 

JamesC
Community Manager

boubou,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. While I do not have any information on this particular topic at this time, we greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation.

I encourage you to continue offering valuable feedback and continue to support good ideas by giving Kudos.

Thank you,

JamesC

boubou
Observer
Thanks for the reply 🙂

It's not a reply it's a fake carbon copy statement that means nothing because they use the exact same statement every time we go off or we question or we want answers when it comes to the fact that they gouged us, some of us for over $500 and then decide to never do anything to make the product meet the standards of other products on the market.