Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow manual recordings to be saved on the USB drive

When using live view and tapping the 'record' icon, recording should be saved to the local USB file.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

schreck
Follower

I just realized I have lost many manual videos because I assumed they were being saved to my USB drive. I'd call this a bug rather than a feature request. Wouldn't a reasonable person think all recorded content would save to the USB drive too? Please fix this before others lose data, thanks!

trhaviland
Novice

Manual recordings should be saved to the backup USB device. I don't consider this a suggestion, but a bug. Please resolve with all haste. Thanks.

Jimmer69
Novice

I have seen a couple of entries for this but it was years ago, so clearly forgotten. I have just ended the subscription and therefore thought I was just losing cloud recordings and certain detection scenarios. Not once was informed that manual recordings would be disabled and that they only work on the cloud. I see no issue with it being able to record on the cloud - I have now lost a valuable recording which I will never get back.

Manual recordings should be able to be taken with USB. You also need to update the documentation clearly to state that this "feature" will be disabled. Thanks.