Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow access to RTSP

Please allow us access to RSTP on OUR cameras. Let us use OUR cameras in the way we want and not the way you want us to use them. Given the option, I'll happily opt out of anything you want me to and assume all risks etc myself. 

Allow us to connect OUR cameras to our own wireless networks

This would greatly improve the usability of these devices and result in some VERY happy customers who would probably start recommending Arlo instead of warning people off them.

A friend of mine is using a major competitor of yours system which allows all this and the performance difference is truly embarrassing, if they had a 4k version of their system which im hoping isn't to far off, I would switch in a heartbeat. 

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

AyersGamer
Novice

It is interesting, Arlo used to allow for this, but has since removed it.  It would be largely helpful.  I am starting to migrate all my smart home devices off the cloud.  I never paid for Arlo service and in the past and those who are using RTSP wouldn't be paying either way, but will purchase devices, like Arlo, which would allow for it.

demannu
Apprentice

what a waste of my time it was making this post 👍

mikeunderwood
Observer

I would like to see RSTP as well, then every thing could be saved to my NAS on my disks, in my house

carpets
Novice

glad to have found this thread before buying the floodlight camera. guess i'm going with amcrest for the RTSP

T199
Follower

I would realy like to use the Arlo Essential in areas without Internet-access as a local wi-fi security cam.

The camera is great with its water-resistent design and long battery life, but it has a really big lack of feature - you need a stabile Internet-line...

Can you please integrate a RTSP function so we can connect the camera to a router without Internet-access and use e.g. VLC og just HTML for monioring the live feed on a local network?

This would make the Arlo camera much much better.

Alexm8002
Novice

+1... unfortunately, I had already bought the Arlo essential before seeing this post. Now I spent too much money on a completely useless material, as I don’t plan to ever get internet for a warehouse!1 

demannu
Apprentice

I feel your pain, arlo is the single most regrettable purchase I’ve ever made. I made the mistake of investing in their more premium arlo ultra system so I’m hugely out of pocket $3300NZD in my local currency + $24 a month for the privilege of recording in 4k on my 4k cameras.. absolute scam artist. 

mharrison24
Follower

I would love this feature. I can just imagine setting up gstreamer and any AI algorithm I want.