Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow Arlo Video Doorbell Stream Orientation Rotation for Horizontal Mounting

Several users are faced with challenges mounting the Arlo Video Doorbell vertically (as intended). This could be because the area or surface where they are mounting does not allow for vertical mounting, or simply for personal preference.

In my case, my house is built using weatherboard material (see image attached). It is therefore not possible to mount the video doorbell vertically. By mounting horizontally, my video stream is also rotated 90 degrees which means I have to turn my head to look at the stream upright on my devices. 

This idea suggestion is for adding a feature in the Arlo app which allows users to change the orientation of the video stream by 90 degrees so that horizontal mounting doesn't cause the stream to be rotated.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

rlott
Novice

I was surprised the software doesn’t allow this. Yes, please allow users to customize the orientation. If vertical is the only option, I can’t properly mount the doorbell where I would like to put it, due to the property’s horizontal siding.

TTUEagle
Follower

I have the same issue trying to mount onto stone veneer wall outside of my door. Horizontal installation is ideal because spanning two stones vertically results in a 1/2" gap when plate is oriented straight up and down. Please consider a software upgrade to allow for video rotation to accommodate horizontal installations. Thanks!