Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
JustLearning
Apprentice
Yes please.
pkeyrich
Follower

I like the idea of email and text notifications, but feel a notice via the Arlo phone app should also be included as at least the default or baseline.

umangdoshi
Guide

Please add this feature.. my all cameras go offline and when they come back my batteries are half or almost gone.. its just insane,,,

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

T9001
Star

How do I add Kudos? Great idea.

Zorro_X
Aspirant

Yes, offline or disconnected station is a very useful idea, if some teafts are cutting your electricity before robbing, coult be useful to know that your system is offline for some - unknown - reason.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy

Or going away for a few days and not know what happened to your base station, other than the message from your app telling you your station it's offline. Hard to deal with when you're far away from home.......

Zorro_X
Aspirant

I prefer to know that there is a promblem (arlo station disconnected/not working anymore) than thinking everything is ok then discover it wasn't the case... You can allways tell a neighborhood to see if anything is ok (or family or anybody that you've left your home keys during hollidays) to go check if everything is ok because your watch system is down... so yes, it is useful to know that you'll not know if something happens because it is offline...

MrDoHarm
Initiate

Developers, how cool would it be to receive an email when the base is restarted or goes offline?  My WD Cloud NAS drives has this capability and think it would be quite useful. Smiley Happy