Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
RachHClarke
Aspirant
A key functionality of the system is the ability to enable notifications. It seems illogical to send notifications for low battery status yet send no status update at all for a total system outage.

It’s particularly worrying as neither the base unit nor cameras were able to reconnect.

I’d assumed a power outage, which would be understandable, but that wasn’t the case. If Arlo is based on unstable platform then I’d be keen to be informed. Otherwise, I’d be keen to understand the nature of the outage
Mc045707
Novice

This feature is a must and I’m really shocked it hasn’t been implemented yet.

Adksi11892
Apprentice

Once again my base station has decided to put itself offline, it has network, it has power.  I’ve lost 6 hours of monitoring before noticing and having my smart plug reboot it.  This is happening a couple of times a month, ridiculous that A: The base stations just go offline, B: They don’t realise it and reboot themselves, C: They don’t notify the user that it’s happened 

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

And D.  They don’t care.

Adksi11892
Apprentice

I fear you’ve hit the nail on the head there 😞

samuelj13
Initiate

I'm sure at this point that this is not even amongst their lowest of priorities to address.

rlorenzo
Onlooker

While I believe it should be part of their basic service like low battery alerts, I would upgrade to the "Arlo Smart Premier" if this type of alert was included.

I am sure others in this thread would, so there is a financial incentive. Really hope someone from Arlo can at least comment in this thread.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

I for one would never pay for something that other camera vendors with even the most basic of cameras include without charge.  And after making us wait for 4 years and then have the gol to charge us would prompt me to immediately put my 15 cameras up for sale and move on.  Not sure why I haven’t done that already.  That’s just my opinion obviously others  have theirs and I respect those opinions even if different from mine.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I really don't understand why this isn't a feature.  I was about to leave the house and checked my cameras only to realize that one of my cameras had been knocked online and my doorbell had lost connectivity as well.  It appears to have been like this since mid-day yesterday.

Why isn't this a feature?  Why is there no communication that goes out when a device gets knocked offline?

Now I have to scale a two story ladder randomly this morning when I need to be heading somewhere else.  If I had seen a notification earlier I could have dealt with this absurdity beforehand.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Addendum to my prior post as I just got off the phone with Arlo Support.  They actually referred me to this thread and told me to make a request.  So it's not like they don't know, it's more like they don't seem to care.

So frustrating.