Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
Pet1700
Apprentice
Could we ha e the option of having push notifications letting us know that a camera is offline?
JustLearning
Apprentice
Loss of connectivity alert, power loss alert and to be able to reinstall cameras remotely. At the moment if a camera goes offline, I have to be there onsite to reinstall it which is impractical.
paolafa
Luminary

receive email for sharing if the arlo system 'was enabled or disabled by a family member

Nelsons
Novice

If somone was breaking into a house and had a feeling where was cameras the first thing they would do is switch the power off and there goes the cameras when will there be a notifacation system on the camera being offline? im actually dissapointed that arlo does not have this.

kathwhitm
Fledgling

There should be a way for a user to create an alert whenever the base station or cameras go offline.  I have been dealing lately with our base station going offline and not finding out until it's too late and our batteries have died from searching for the signal forever. I have spent copious amount of time dealing with support, and some of the suggestions are not practical.  I am just to think of concerted efforts to be proactive with monitoring this situation.  Just as with motion alerts and low battery notifications, we should be able to set or get notifications if the base station goes offline.  

koldourru
Follower

I wonder why,,, Netgear, besides all the marvelous features ITS ARLO SYSTEM PROVIDES....IT  Does not provide the posibility of OFFLINE HANDLING ....there are many situations where you may get out of internet connection,,,,

Besides SECURITY AND SURVEILLANCE REQUIRES SOME SORT OFFLINE MONITORING ON LOCAL DISPLAYS

koldourru
Follower

The Base Station could manage some functions of a Typical DVR

koldourru wrote:

I wonder why,,, Netgear, besides all the marvelous features ITS ARLO SYSTEM PROVIDES....IT  Does not provide the posibility of OFFLINE HANDLING ....there are many situations where you may get out of internet connection,,,,

Besides SECURITY AND SURVEILLANCE REQUIRES SOME SORT OFFLINE MONITORING ON LOCAL DISPLAYS

koldourru
Follower

Improved Arlo Base Station could handle some of the functions of a Typical DVR....at least for monitoring OFFLINE on Local Display 

bobcats9498
Tutor

I agree 100% that this is a must have. I can't keep logginf into the app every few hours to make sure all of my cameras are working as expected. A push notification or email that a camera is offline is critical to trusting the system.

Pet1700
Apprentice

That is now in place.  I get an email when my base station loses internet connection.  I actually posted a new comment thanking Netgear for pushing that update out to the existing Arlo base, not just the new Arlo Pro.

Check to make sure you have the latest firmware on your base station and cameras.