Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Additional notification options for home assistants (Amazon Alexa)

In addition to phone/email notifications, allow the cameras to notify to home assistants (ie Amazon Alexa, Google Home)

For example, Amazon has released a Motion and Contact Sensors API with several features that may be useful for camera owners with Amazon Alexa: 

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/bda9d70c-2f0d-454d-9939-2eb82868cf35/announcing-contac...

Additional info:

I am running 3 Arlo Pro Cameras with base and would like to receive sounds notifications in the house when motion is detected  by the cameras outside. Unfortunately the base station today can only siren and no "front door" or "back door" alert is available.

I've looked at integration possibilities with Amazon Alexa to produce the alerts, however the current integration via Amazon Alexa Skill is limited to showing the live feed or some historical videos. I am still trying to produce a workaround using IFTTT, but results are not ideal.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @baconmunch,

Thanks for posting your idea! The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

baconmunch
Follower

Great, thank you.