Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add Sunrise/Sunset as option in schedule

Rather than having static times, it would be nice to have dynamic times such as "sunrise" and "sunset". 

I find it odd that I have to arm a motion light, and have it based on the exact time of day, rather than the ambient light being the overall control of the light activation.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

Orpheus23
Aspirant

Agree completely- having a sunrise/sunset arming options would make the scheduling part of the app far more useful. 

I want to be able to have my cameras arm at sunset - which obviously is not the same time throughout the year (unless you live at the equator). 

JoshuaCl
Fledgling

I was just trying to make this work today, i agree very useful. I tried this through Alexa skill, but it says my hub vmb4540 is not a compatible device for control through Alexa. IFTTT can only arm and disarm, if you have devices following different schedules this is not compatible. I run doorbell all day and night, security cameras at night only. I have to adjust schedule throughout the year to eliminate running security cameras when it's light out. 

THC104
Aspirant

I agree completely. I can do this with my smart switch that turns my drive lights off and on. Why can't I do this with my Arlo cameras?

cleishm
Novice

This is one of those "Of course it should do that" kind of features that, when missing, make you think that product development team really **bleep**ed up.

Seriously - you built a security floodlight. Every (other) security floodlight out there will have a light sensor that ensures it only triggers _at night_.