Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add Chime On/Off Under Silent Mode for Arlo Video Doorbell

There is not an option to turn off calls when doorbell is pressed without turning off the chime under the silent mode in the Arlo App (v2.11.1) for the new Arlo Video Doorbell. However, this feature exists in the app for Arlo Audio Doorbell. Please add this feature for Video Doorbell as well.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Djmcp
Star

What about adding this type of feature to the "modes".  For example, I could have a "Child Nap" mode where when set, the chime is disabled but calls to my phone still come through from the Video Doorbell.  When my kid wakes up, set the mode back to "Armed" and the chime is restored.  The same thing could happen in reverse for other situations - e.g. enable only the chime and disable the calls to phone.  Being able to flip modes around is a lot more convenient and easy with a smart home as opposed to digging around in settings to turn chimes and calls off.

ArtBarr
Aspirant

Please add this feature to the video doorbell.  I want to be able to hear my chime while in silent mode.  This is a very important feature for me and currently the main reason that may push me to a different product.