Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access Log/History

It would be great to have a basic or advanced log/history feature, first of all to see who of my friends logged to the system and at what time, also to ensure that nobody is using my account (in case hacked or someone stole my credentials). Also it would be better to send any of the above activities by email or SMS notifications so that in case someone hacked my account and accessed the cameras I will have the chance to immediately take action. A dual authentication might be useful as well where whenever there is a login attempt, I will receive a pin on my mobile which I need to input on the login screen... As nowadays security is a must, in my opinion the above would give a higher ranking for your product and a better customer satisfaction.

Comments
GreenPlane
Fledgling

Heh, it is so funny that this thread is still going! I remember that I've commended here a few years ago! I can tell you my solution: I've disabled some of my arlo cameras and left only those that are not important. I've also reset access for all my users/devices/etc. Unfortunately, I've lost my trust in arlo security products because their best answer to my question was: "perhaps there was an update to your camera and this is why you saw that it was on when it shouldn't". "Perhaps" is just not good enough for me.

At the same time, I do believe that they do have access/sign in logs already implemented because it is not just the "best practice" but a "standard practice" in software development. I just can't see how it is possible that they don't have it. Unfortunately, they don't want to provide this information to their customers because of some reason..

Arnold18
Initiate

It's not funny this thread is still going on; it is sad....

In addition to account access activity, Logs should also show Mode changes (when cameras where armed/disarmed), system alerts, low battery alerts, on/offline events, etc.  All the things you need to figure out what was going on before, after, and during an event.  Even my garage door opener has this.....

Arnold18
Initiate

Even funnier - I just looked at my profile on the community.  There is a log of most everything I've done on the community since 2014.  Would be nice to see that same level of logging from a SECURITY system.  The Arlo system can't even tell me the last time someone logged in, a mode was changed, a camera went offline, etc.

NotABigFan
Novice

I have a mix of various Arlo cameras, all on a VMB3000 base.  Does Arlo keep a record of who logs into the system, and what changes are made- such as deleted videos?  Without this, the system is absolutely worthless.  A bad actor can simply log into the system and delete evidence without any record whatsoever.  If Arlo isn't keeping logs, why?  This is a very very basic security feature.  Also if not, is this forthcoming?  I won't invest in additional products and begin replacing my system and canceling subscriptions without this basic functionality.  You should see what's happened to Ring to better understand the liability of not having some type of access log.