Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access Log/History

It would be great to have a basic or advanced log/history feature, first of all to see who of my friends logged to the system and at what time, also to ensure that nobody is using my account (in case hacked or someone stole my credentials). Also it would be better to send any of the above activities by email or SMS notifications so that in case someone hacked my account and accessed the cameras I will have the chance to immediately take action. A dual authentication might be useful as well where whenever there is a login attempt, I will receive a pin on my mobile which I need to input on the login screen... As nowadays security is a must, in my opinion the above would give a higher ranking for your product and a better customer satisfaction.

Comments
RoxanneR
Tutor

I was thinking this too! There are times when I don't want friends to be able log in, like a privacy mode.  I don't see that option. My other camera had that capability. 

tvdhoff
Novice

When multiple users have access to the system it's important to see who changes which settings, especially arming/disarming the system.

Lately I have found the sytem to be disarmed when entering the office in the morning and the last person out is sure he armed the system the night before.

Right now I have no way of knowing he's right. There might have been a communications error of sorts, for example. Or somebody else switched it off. Who knows?

I would like to have actual proof of what happened in the form of a logfile that shows system operations including timestamp and user.

This feature can't be too hard to implement, seeing that you actually need and use this data already for the system to work properly. Please record it and save it to the cloud and make it accessible through the webinterface and app. Can be as simple as a CSV style text document.

Thanks!

rscof
Aspirant

If I share camera access to other people via the Arlo admin panel it would really be great to track their access with a log file. The Arlo system itself does not seem to create any log at all currently. If I share access then I shaouls also be able to track/configure what device they are coming in on and 'white list' them, this would prevent anyone else accessing the cameras with someone elses credientials.

yallateef
Follower

Can you send an email if a video is deleted?

ant wrote:

It would be nice to have logs/histories like times, activities, etc.

Navalvet
Aspirant

This wouldbe a great addition to the Arlo system in order to see what time the the systemn was actvated/deactivatedc or to just log camera activity. Even though the video's and screenshots are time stamped, they would do anygood if they are deleted. In this case, an undelete feature in the logs or histroy would be a great add-on as well.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Netgear Arlo should have logging options like seeing armed, disarmed, reboots, upgrades, which e-mail account logged in to do specific tasks, etc.

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

iSage
Luminary

I too, would REALLY, REALLY like to see an additional notification feature that alerts me if someone has logged in to live view any of my cameras from any device at any time! 

I would consider this a true safety and security feature, as I kept getting kicked off from viewing my own cameras this morning because it said I was logged on from another device. I wasn't, and no one else has my login credentials either. I then quickly changed my password, just in case.

Isetta308
Novice
A login history of who was accessing my account would be nice. Especially since this is a security device and that is a major issue if some one did hack in or some how got your login info. Arlo can you get us that???
k-l-a
Tutor

A feature that I love about Arlo is that there can only be ONE-Single log in at a time (unless you opt for the Grant Access).... so that helps! But over the last 2 years, I have been hacked, stalked, harassed, tracked, etc....all by a (known) Pervert.  Proof is hard to come by when the pervert has his own IT firm and can hide most anything he chooses by utilizing his 'own clients' routers & computers he accesses daily to go about his pervert access.  I am looking for an IP Log, that will tell me what device logged in and from what location (IP).  That would ease my heart and my families hearts even more.  Love this product, and would like to see some minor tweaks, improvements and or advancements for more security/assurance. Thanks so much!

JamesC
Community Manager

k-l-a,

I have relocated this topic to the Arlo Idea Exchange so that other users who would like to see this feature implemented can support the idea by adding Kudos.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC