Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Re: Still with the Flash?

I keep getting the prompt for updating flash in two different browsers, Windows Chrome, and Mac/Safari (wife's computer). I read the posts about adding flash permission and turning on "ephemeral" mode but those do not seem to work and/or are no longer available options.

What is the permanent solution in 2019 for removing the flash warning from Chrome and Safari browsers?

- Chris

Model: VMC5040 | Arlo Ultra Add-On Camera
Message 26 of 30
Initiate

So now it's been over a year since my post on this. I still can't view my cameras on my computer. I've basically just given up and use a phone or tablet whenever I need to view my cameras. I've tried to find a permanent solution to the constant "update flash" messages, and I've given up. Arlo says they need time...apparently a year isn't enough. 

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 27 of 30
Highlighted
Initiate

Given Netgear's prolonged and deafening silence on this matter I am ditching my 5-camera Arlo setup and replacing it with something that's properly supported and doesn't rely on obsolete and insecure technology. I work in web development and infrastructure, and can categorically state there is NO good reason for this delay except commercial greed. Frankly, Netgear's lack of response to this is appalling and unforgivable.

Well done Netgear. You won't be seeing another penny from me in the future.

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 28 of 30
Aspirant

I also have a five camera setup and was looking to upgrade for a better camera.  Arlo brags about their updated hardware  but they have failed miserably to update the required software.  Hey Netgear, both hardware and software are required for an acceptible system.   I am fed up with having to jump though the Flash hoops  to protect my systems due to security holes in Flash and the Arlo Flash requirement. 

NetGear support has been telling us for almost two years that they are working on a software upgrade but there was no release date.   Well I for one am tired of waiting for Netgear to fix their software security flaws.  I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Model: VMB4500 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 29 of 30
Initiate

I've given up waiting - had a new system installed a few weeks ago. Anyone want to buy a used 5-camera system?
Message 30 of 30