Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

pre-recorded voice to play when motion detected

So imagine you're asleep, and there's a prowler on your property. You don't hear the mobile phone alert, and you're asleep so you can't use the two-way mic to alert the burglar that they're being watched.

It would be great if a pre-recorded message could auto play from the camera's microphone when motion is detected to alert the burglar. Customize this so the voice would only play when the camera is armed and motion is detected between the hours of x and y.

The feature to upload your own pre-recorded voice is already available on Arlo baby monitor, so it shouldn't be too difficult to enable this on the range of Arlo security cameras too?

Also, can you PLEASE increase the two-way mic volume on the Arlo Pro cameras itself? They're not loud enough. 

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Ahzoov
Tutor

It can take up to three minutes for me to open the mic when the camera is triggered. It would be great to have the ability to record a phrase that plays when the camera is triggered, to let the "intruder" know I'm watching them.

In fact, if this feature were available, I'd pre-record this: "Hi there. If you come inside I'll show you my new shotgun." 

I live in the middle of the woods and anyone there at night is looking for trouble.