Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Wire-free alarm devices

Expand the Arlo Pro system with new products - wire-free, wifi alarm devices that can emit audio-visual alarms.

These wire-free wifi modules can be mounted inside or outside the home in stategic locations and when an Alarm is activated by the user, all the alarms (base station alarm and wire-free alarm devices) will sound the siren.  Additionally, the wire-free alarm should have high-frequency flasing lights (similar to flashing police lights) to act as further deterent. 

Arlo product engineers can get creative with this device options:

1. Add unique sounds to these module - such as dog barking sound etc.

2. Make these devices in various shapes and sizes that can blend with landscape, trees, bird house etc.

This product extension will be an instant success and most Arlo Pro owenrs would buy multiple unit to enhase their security and deterence.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Funnybird
Observer

I really like that idea. I also posted yesterday that it would be great if Arlo could work with Home Owner Insurance Companies to reduced rates for people using Arlo cameras. One concern I have, is if someone makes it into my home, all they have to do is unplug my internet from the wall and there goes my security. So I agree about using different sounds, alarms, and flashing lights. A combo of all three, to be able to program each camera for which sound or strobe light you want where. I like the cameras, as I have 4 of Arlo. But wish I could afford to up grade as I can not keep buying more cameras as they improve on them. And I really wnat to be able to use the Alarm, but I would need to buy Arlo Pro or Arlo 2 and another base station. I have been broken into before and times are not getting any better. I am very concerned about protecting my home.