Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unique access rights per user and IFTTT support

I don't think 'admin' and 'non-admin' offer enough freedom. I'd like to be able to offer rights based on individual cameras. This would be a set of tick boxes for each camera, for each user, that included 'can turn on/off', and 'can use voice', 'can record', 'can see library recordings' For example:

I'd like person A to be able to use voice through 2 cameras but not through the others.

I'd like person B to be able to use voice through all cameras and to be unable to view the library of only one camera.

I'd like Person A to be notified of motion only through specific cameras but not all.

At the moment there is only Admin or non-admin. this means if I grant someone the right to speak through a camera, they also have the right to turn it on or off. I don't like that. I'd like to have super-admin rights to control who can see which camera, at which time, and who can do what with each camera.

In addition, I think that for IFTTT, the cameras must be armed (or set to a custom setting). This forces us to recieve an email or notification on motion.. but if we want to use IFTTT for notifications and others things, we shouldnt be forced to get an email. For example, if I want to use IFTTT to turn on a light when motion is detected, I don't need a notification or email from the arlo app, but currently we can only 'do nothing' in terms of recording, but we must pick a notification type.

Comments
Wilgonz75
Fledgling

I agree. What you're suggesting needs to be implemented. I want certain people to be able to listen in and use the mic and speakers while others, I just want to give access to video .  The granted rights feature right now is very limited .