Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Tie Base Station Alarm to Smart Zone and Person Detect. Add Alarm on Phone app (diff. notification)

Already saw some awesome recommendations on using camera speaker as alarm.

Arlo Base Station Alarm is actually one of 2 reasons that sets Arlo apart from others (Alarm and Battery operated).  App, Quality, are actually all inferior than the Google and Amazon solutions and probably for good reasons.

My understanding is that Alarm and Notifications are triggered separately, and I don't know that it should.  

My alarm would wake me up in the middle of the night, for no good reason.  A cat in the activity zone, A light flashing outside of activity zone, etc.  Sets off the Alarm, but not triger any recording or notification.  Because the Notifications are driven by "smart".  My guess is motion trigers recording, sends to cloud to analyze if 1. in activity zone, 2. person or not, then sends the notification.  In parallel, my base station alarm has already gone off...   By the time the slow cloud smart is done with its algorithms, it decides no need to notify me, and no need to record anything...  Doesn't this defeat the purpose of waking me up?

This requires that the cloud processing is much faster than it is today (sometimes minutes).  But if you can process all the algorithm, then sound the alarm (same time with the notification), that would be great.  Better yet, if you can have 2 different notification sounds in the app - one for alarm...  one for standard notification.  While on this, maybe multiple alert tones for some geeks like me that wants notification for motion silenced, but person on front door a ding, but person in my garage an alarm.