Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The grant access user cannot use the direct access to the local storage.

I hope Arlo team can take this suggestion into consideration. 

Comments
An_73-75
Fledgling
When will you activate the option to share local storage, with user that have granted access?
After the free trial I have this issue. We have spent lot of money in this device, and now our family can’t use it. What is your solution? And when can we expect it’s resolved?
Wirides
Aspirant

I hope Arlo is listening. I will echo what's already been stated. This is egregiously deceptive marketing and completely inexcusable, considering how simple it would be to resolve. I'm in good shape since I bought my overpriced system from Costco and their generous return policy. I'm not the hunt for a replacement and will STRONGLY deter friends and family from looking at Arlo. Customers lost. 

moonjaesoo
Onlooker

Guys, I sold Arlo 3 Pro and bought Wyze Outdoor Cam at a fraction of cost. Works better than Arlo! Battery life is great and unlike Arlo, you don't have to pay any. My family have access to any recordings and 200% satisfied with this decision....

Cost of 1 year of Arlo subscription > Cost of Wyze outdoor cam

You have the answer there.

Kmann981
Novice

I just wanted to add to the list of users already mentioning the same thing, direct access needs to be visible for Grant Access users.  A senario, if I have to travel outside of country and I need my sister to keep an eye out while I am gone, currently I would have to remove device hub from my email, then reset the hub, then add my sisters email address to create he email as primary so that she can view the local HDD contents.  Not just that now after couple of weeks I am back, guess what I have to do to get my email address back as primary, delete the device from my sisters email address, then reset the HUB, then add my email address and add the device.  All these steps can be avoided if you allow GRANT ACCESS accounts to have the ability to view direct access. 

I would further add that even if you can allow multiple devices (Phone, Tablet, and PC) to be able to log in with primary account at same time, that would work also.  So, I could log my sister in with my account on her phone until I am out of country and when back, she can remove it.  I just bought this my my AeroSpace company also, the camera system Arlo Pro 3, but this direct access is hindering the ability to monitor with multiple access to local HDD.

BravoJohnny
Novice

We got the exactly same issue here after the free trial time. Can’t explain to my wife why she can’t have access to local recorded video. Thanks you guys explained here. Will return this to Costco, no reason for me to keep this. 

glovereric
Fledgling

Wondering if or when Arlo will allow "grant access" to local videos.

Without it my > $1000 system is pretty much paperweights, since my wife can get alerts, but can't access act videos.

glovereric
Fledgling

Also, if Arlo support is reading this, all you have to do is require the granted user to enter the port #!

Wirides
Aspirant

Don't hold your breath for Arlo to either address your ideas or remedy this deal breaking problem. Your best course is to return them and go with another product. If you are just coming off a trial plan, you will soon find the alerts are complete and utter. Reflection from passing headlights were setting mine off continuously. No way to resolve that either. It's just one of the many, many, many reasons I will always and forever campaign against anyone making the same mistakes with Arlo I did. Save yourself now. Return them. 

moonjaesoo
Onlooker

glovereric,

You >$1000 system is a crap. See how long this thread dates back to.

I had to sell my Arlo because my return window was closed, but even with half of the price of this junk, I got Wyze cams and have peace of mind. They are not perfect either but much better than this junk.

Hewu1688
Initiate

I have opened the ticket with Costco and I will try to get Costco to push Arlo to fix this ridiculous restriction to grant user.  User has already paid for the Arlo Hub and prevent access of user’s own microSD that is not right and may have violated the legal rights of the user who has already paid for the device.