Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Splitter cable for Arlo Solar Panel

I have an Arlo Pro camera with an Arlo Solar Panel above my back parking spot and would like to add an Arlo light. It would be great if a splitter cable or y-jack was made so that both the camera and light could be powered by a single solar panel.  Since the panel only trickles power to already charged devices, I would thin that this is possible.  I imagine a lot of users might want to mount the light and camera near each other. 

Comments
CMRuss77
Follower

On any house with a side yard, with out a fence, or even with one, I would put two cameras in one location. One would look towards the front of the house, one towards the rear, North and South so to speak. With the trickle charger design, if a solar charging cable had an optional two plug design, you could place the cameras and the charger in one area, minimizing the instalation areas as well as holes in the wall/facia board etc. I will also recommend that a mount be developed to hold two cameras, again, minimizing the instalation areas as well as holes in the wall/facia board etc. 

IowaJim48
Fledgling

My solar panels keep my Arlo Ultra cameras charged at 100% pretty much all the time. If I mount a second camera close to the first one, but pointing opposite direction, why wouldn't charging both from same panel work? Could this be made possible, with a split cable, or second connection point on the panel?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello, did you finaly found a solution for your solar splitter cable  ?

Steve

IowaJim48
Fledgling

NO input from Arlo or any suggestions from anyone on the community, as of yet. One other comment also thinking it would be a good idea to be able to mount two cameras back to back and charge off of one panel. 

I ended up buying another solar panel for my additional camera, probably ending up to be a good thing anyway, because my added camera is catching the street and gets about 150 hits a day. 

Jim

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Many thanks for your answer 🙂