Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Speed up the echo show live feed

When I say 'Alexa, show my frontdoor', I got a live view of the frontdoor. However, the issue is that the waiting time is too long, I would rather go to the door to see who is there other than ask Alexa to show me. I guess the delay is because the public(cloud) live feed is sending to Echo Show? I am wondering if you can accelerate the speed by sending the local IP live feed to Echo Show, so that the video could show up immidiatly and the delay could be reduced. Currently I have to wait 6~30s before I can see the live video. 

Comments
jasonx101
Apprentice

The lag is the main problem with using the arlo system for things like this. Surely there has got to be some way to sent the local feed from the base station to the Echo Show without going through the internet?

kpeter2
Follower

I agree that this feature is important. I want to use my cameras like intercoms with other parts of the house and outside and the lag is a bit irritating.

Timmcd1
Novice

Slow? How about NEVER! I spent a small fortune purchasing a 5 camera Arlo Pro system and two Amazon Show devices based on the false advertising that they would work together. On more occasions than not all I see is a screen reading "Waiting for Netgear." I wish I had never gone down this road! This has been a documented problem for MONTHS with no acknowledgement or fix in sight. This is no way to run a company.

gugars
Guide

Almost one year after and same problem here. The delay is about 15 seconds and when it starts to buffer it returns to the home screen.