Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Selective Bulk Video deletion

One time consuming action is deleting videos. I can tell quickly which videos on certain cameras can be deleted based on the preview. An option to delete a specific day on a specific camera would be useful. currently its ALL or individual videos. Not ideal when you are recording 30+ videos a day and DONT want to delete everything.

Sorry if this is a feature and I missed it.
Comments

This is just a suggestion as I find the whole thing to be almost perfect. In the 'Library' part of the app could you include a 'select all' button like in the desktop version so I can delete multiple clips at the same time. I get around 150 clips a day that I review then delete, but doing this from my phone takes a lot longer without the 'select all' button.

JamesC
Community Manager

Thank you for the high praise! This is a valuable suggestion, we greatly appreciate the feedback!

arloCustomer099
Initiate

I've read the other threads in the community to find out the filenames are in epoch time.  Yet another thing that isn't documented...

That aside, I'd really like the ability to download the individual files when I've selected.  Currently, the "select" feature in the Library section does nothing because all the buttons at the bottom are disabled - a user can not download or delete en masse.  Speaking for a basic subscription, is this a paid feature?

JamesC
Community Manager

You can download or delete all files selected when using both the Arlo app or the browser ui on the Basic Plan. Which browser/app and device are you using that is not allowing you to do this?

arloCustomer099
Initiate
My apologies - you are correct. I clicked "select", but did not click "select all" and apparently did not select even one video to see that the icons on the bottom only activate after a selection is made. For the record, it worked for me on browsers: Firefox 42.0, Chrome 46.0.2490.80
JamesC
Community Manager

Great to hear! I am glad this feature is working for you as intended.

kingsint
Novice
I would also like to have a "Select All" button on the main page to save time when deleting files.
jackiez
Fledgling
Arlo should have a select all button, so i can delete a lot of videos at one time.
JamesC
Community Manager

jackiez,

There is a select all button in the library. Once you have clicked select you will be able to individually select pieces of content or click "select all" to select all content.

JamesC

'Low battery warning' is missing. I liked the push notification warning me about low battery power in my cameras and recently had one camera go down due to flat batteries, but I was unaware they had failed two days earlier.

Are you going to reintroduce this feature? I previously requested a 'select all' button for deleting clips in the android app but you have still not done this. When are you going to add it?