Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule Camera(s) to take Pictures

I am using Arlo for a construction project Im currently working on. This project will be going on for more than a year. It would be great if you could add a feature that would allow me to schedule the camera(s) to automatically take a picture at certain points during the day. For example, I would like to be able to place markers on the schedule at 11:00am and 4:00pm and then have the camera(s) turn on a take a picture at those selected times. This would be great for eventually putting together a timelapse of the project over a year's time. 

Thanks - Peter

Comments
pixonengineer
Aspirant

I am using Arlo for a construction project too. This project will be going on for half a year.

It would be great if you could add a feature that would allow me to schedule the camera(s) to automatically take a picture at certain points during the day.

Timelapse seems like a pretty basic feature to me. I would not have purchased them if I had known that you could not schedule something as simple as sending a picture.

This can't be so hard to implement and would make the Arlo even better and more functional !!

Let's hope this gets addressed soon. Please Guys!

bogs
Novice

Please implement this on a new update... These are expensive cameras, and should have this capability

Thomasm80
Novice
I would love this feature as well.
Odisseus84
Initiate
I believe it could be easily implemented at least as IFTTT action: you can today set a clause if-this-then-that that triggers a video capture at given hours but not taking a picture. Should be really trivial. Thanks!
BeachFire
Fledgling

You can trigger a scheduled video recording using IFTTT.com but it's only for video, not a still photo sadly.

I would really like to see the ability to capture a still photo using IFTTT

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso

Having this feature would also allow you to use the cameras for time-lapse purposes, which would be expand the uses of the cameras to a wider audience.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

eshawn
Novice

Just purchased the 4 cam set. Looking forward to this basic yet awesome feature being implemented real soon!

Jjan
Novice

I had planned to buy an Arlo when I discovered that this feature (taking pictures at predefiend times) is not avaible so therfore I will go for the D-link system instead. To bad, I really like the desing and wireless capability...