Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Replacing batteries with USB plug

If you decide to try this on your own cameras I take no responsibility if you damage or runin your camera/ cameras
I posted this because I read others who were trying to do the same thing as I was doing,
I'm using Arlo camera model vmc3030 and I was frustrated having to keep replacing the batteries I went ahead and bought rechargeable batteries and that still was a pain because they didn't stay charged as long as the regular Arlo batteries did that you throw away, I am using a USB with a 110 conversion plug in and have been using it on one of my cameras for over 2 months now with no problems whatsoever,
I found others that were trying to do the same thing and they were doing the math with 4 battery's and there total output, and I couldn't find anyone with really the easiest way to do it, I am using a 5v 1000ma USB to 110v powerport supply, ( a friend of mine gave me one he got at the Goodwill store) I drilled a hole in the lid big enough to push the plug through and I will add a little silicone to make it weather tight .
Now I don't have have batteries in the camera since I use a plug now. There are a few other cameras I have that I won't be able to use a USB so I am going to see if I will be able to wire in the solar panel that Arlo sells into my older cameras without having to purchase new cameras.
Comments

I am so happy to have found these - I bought 4 to replace using batteries on my Arlo 1 wireless cameras 

I have hated them from the beginning because of this battery thing. So expensive I would never have bought them...but 4 years later I now have a solve that does not damage my cameras

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Plug-Power-Adapter-for-Arlo-Surveillance-Camera-Replace-Batteries-CR123A...

My first camera went from 88% to 95% and they are all powered up. 

So happy