Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Remove Play/Pause selectable BUTTON from the center of the screen

Currently when viewing any recorded video in the Library, There is a round ,partially transparent Pause/Play button.  It sits directly on the center of the screen.  It disappears during playback but returns when paused.

The problem with this selectable button's placement, is that when one pauses during any segment of the playback of the recording, the button appears blocking the area of the middle of the screen.  This is an important area for viewing when recording and is very annoying and obstrucive when trying to view the scene behind it when paused.

Personally, I seen absolutly no need for this opion on the screen.  There are operation buttons available at the bottom below the screen.

If you must have this button on the screen, then at least move it to a corner like the upper right or left side of the screen.

Thanks

Comments
2abw
Initiate

Hi. Love this product. But I find the Play button in the middle of clips and live-device views not only not useful but debilitating. My camera is centered on the most important area I want to film (in this case, where my neighbor vandalizes my garden). When I pause the clip to see and enlarge this area it is obscured by the huge Play button. During the winter months when I am in Belgium, the garden is in motion entire days due to the Mistral winds in Avignon. (Winds with names are the damnedest.) So there are weeks when I have oodles of trembling vegetation-on-the-wall-in-high-winds clips. The camera can't be very close, because the neighbor knocks it down. So I need to pause on the trembling image to see whether it's of interest. Because of the Play button in the middle, I'm forced to download dozens of clips to see them paused. A really  huge inconvenience in an already soul-destroying task. We're all used to using mp4 players. One doesn't want visibility compromised with surveillance cameras. My best.

scragin
Onlooker

Unfortunately, I don't think Netgear really cares what their customers want.

JamesC
Community Manager

scragin,

We appreciate all feedback provided by the community and encourage community members to continue providing feedback and Kudos on the most popular ideas. Many of the ideas requested here have already been implemented and we hope to be able to add more in the future based on user request. You can review the status of each idea to see where they stand with the development team.

Please continue to provide ideas and kudos so the development team knows where to focus.

Thank you all for your contributions.
JamesC

SMaster
Tutor

That HUGH arrow block too much of the screen shot icon!

SMaster
Tutor

Come on people. It's got to bug someone besides me. The HUGH circle with the arrow in it in the middle of each snapshot has GOT to go. It would be such an easy fix. WE KNOW YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON IT TO WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP! 

It blocks the pictures, expecially the night ones in such a way it's hard to see if there's anything abnormal.

Help me, complain, suggest... it would be so easy to fix. Just make it smaller and move it to the corner, or get rid of it altogether. Who wouldn't know to click it to watch it?

SMaster
Tutor

I don't think anyone is listening! I'm finding more and more I don't like about it. It should be the other way around.

smaster - so I can find this thread later...

scragin
Onlooker

You're right. Even though they say they appreciate the feedback, it's obviously lip service. This is such a stupid and annoying UI decision that it boggles the mindl Why obscure the most important location on a screen? Stupid. 

Apprentice

Regarding the new software (PC interace online), your programmers have changed the interface to add a time stamp etc. While it looks good, its kind of clunky. The MAJOR problem however is you place that huge PLAY button which is not proportionate to the rest of the view. Because of the way Arlos work the motion is always picked up from the middle of the screen. Because the play button is so freaking big you actually obstruct the view. Whoever made this change is an absolute moron. Please fix the s. Thanks 

Also others have asked for it before. Due to your poor night vision some of us actually turn the cams brightness up to the extreme to pick up better views at night. But by sunrise we need to remember to turn it back to the middle value or the recordings for the whole day will be washed out and useless. Please fix this s. Its freaking terrible to have to change it 2x daily.

CaptainMagnus
Novice

I signed up only so that I could agree with this one! Please do not put any GUI elements on top of the video preview. This goes for both live view and library views.

scragin
Onlooker

As I've note before (if Netgear hasn't deleted it), they don't appear to care what their customers think. The giant play symbol right smack in the middle of the screen shot is just plain stupid. Did you hear that, Netgear? STUPID